Yes, I am copying Sarah Dessen’s blog idea, but I think her Friday Five blog where she writes about five interesting things is totally fabulous. As I can’t compete with her entertainment-wise (she’s so funny!), I’m going with Six — quantity over quality. Friday Six! Woo Hoo!
So here’s number 1) I can’t believe it but I’ve fallen in love with Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. I didn’t think I would — they are NOT even slightly nice girls, not that girls need to be nice, but these ones have plain crossed the line to mean. And yet, these books are totally addictive. I think it’s the mystery aspect to them.
2) Revisions. I love revising — having a completed novel to muck around in is my idea of heaven. And yet… I can’t stop thinking, Why did this one have to be such a looong book? I’m going to be revising for the next twelve years! Okay, it’s not quite that bad, but there is definitely PLENTY to do.
3) Unwind by Neal Shusterman is the sickest book ever! It was sooooo groooooossssssss and horrifying and nightmare inducing! Really good as far as the being intrigued enough to get through the tough stuff and being compelled to keep reading thing, but wow. It’s all about “unwinding” teens i.e. TAKING ALL OF THEIR BODY PARTS AND USING THEM ON OTHER PEOPLE!!!! Ew, ew, ew. I read a review that said it was a stretch to believe that parents would ever agree to this, even if they were unruly difficult teens (and who wasn’t???), but I found it far too believable as I was reading. I was totally sucked in.
4) I’ve added some links on my Writing Page to book reviews I’ve written for the Isthmus. Kashmira’s super fab (and epic) novel Keeping Corner is reviewed here, as is the funny funny funny Inside the Head of Gideon Rayburn by Sarah Miller.
5) I did follow up on Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer and I read her first book Conversations With the Fat Girl. It was definitely fun and entertaining, but Seeing Me Naked is still my fav.
6) CHOICES DAY at the CCBC was great — if you’ve never been to this, plan to come next year!