1) Thanks for posting the Twilight trailer on your blog, Judy. I’m so excited too!
2) I finished My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins, and Fenway Park by Steve Kluger this week. I loved it! Now I’m dying to know what everyone said at the ccbc book discussion last time. I fell for everyone in the book and I want to be Augie when I grow up. It’s told from the perspective of two guys and one girl in high school and they are each quirky and irresistible in their own way.
3) Next month is the last ccbc book discussion I’ll get to go to for awhile. If anyone can go, it would be fun to chat books with you one last time! (for now anyway) Here’s the reading list.
4) The Charlotte Zolotow Award Ceremony last Sunday at the CCBC was really nice — there was a decent turnout considering what a gorgeous day it was outside and that Greg Foley’s pretty new on the scene. His speech was great though and he’s got a unique background. I think we made a good choice going with the fruit and cheese platters from Willy St. Co-op and cookies from Manna Cafe. It is really going go be much harder to go to CCBC events when I’m living in Portland. Not impossible. Just harder.
5) We got the bike riding/environmentalist apartment in Portland. Woo hoo! I will greatly miss my dishwasher, but I think I can handle it for six months. It’s a super cute two bedroom with a courtyard one block away from Forest Park and Macleay Park and only six blocks away from a boulangerie. Can’t you just imagine strolling through the park, eating pain au chocolate?
6) We’re moving in one month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend!