1) Forest Park. I saw it on the map and thought it looked kind of cool before we moved here, but I had no idea how quickly you could feel like you were in the middle of the wilderness when you walked in. We were both blown away the first time. Here’s a pic. I’m not sure if you can get the feel of how amazing it is, but you’ll have to trust me. I grew up in the woods and know of what I speak. 🙂 These are some fine woods.
2) Grocery stores. I love being able to walk and get my groceries for the day every day. And they’re super great stores too. One in particular, City Market, has almost all of the foods I love most in the world in it. It’s like they took a visit inside my head, found my favorite foods, and stocked the store accordingly. Racks of good chocolate, an olive bar with the most vibrant olives I’ve ever seen, fresh local fruit and veggies, a cheese counter with smarty pants staff, it has it all.Â
4) Roses. There are roses everywhere! Outside my window, along all the streets. I’ve never seen so many roses in my life.Â
5) Movie theatres. They are really into movie theatres here — fancy new ones, old fashioned ones, casual ones with great snacks, and every other kind you can think of. We’ve only been to one and I think it was digital or something, all I can tell you is that when the hulk was stomping around, I FELT it.
6) The ocean is SO close. We took a trip yesterday that we normally would have saved up for for ages what with the cost of a flight and a place to stay and everything. And yesterday we just went off to the beach on a whim and were home in time for dinner.
Unfortunately, bookstores and the library, two of my favorite things in life, aren’t on the list yet. I have a library card, but nothing has come in for me yet, so I can’t comment. It’s only six blocks from our place though so there is definitely potential. And since I don’t have a job or an income at this point, I’ve been avoiding the bookstore temptation. Let’s hope the library is a fabulous one! Or I get an income soon. Both would be the best!
Have a great weekend!